I have been a bad blog writer! I have not posted in a month. So sorry followers- life got a little busy- and I have not been the best in writing- so be prepared for some posts in the next week or two to update you as to what has been going on at the homestead. You did read the title right? I am a hot mess- so that is why the posts have not been flowing. I haven’t forgotten about you- I just had so much going on- I didn’t get on the computer to write.
Wow- no posts in over a month- so sorry loyal readers!
But here’s what’s been happening on the homestead-
- We celebrated Halloween with the kiddos- involving a Fall Festival- a Halloween party at a friends- and trick or treating on Halloween.
- We accumulated another animal- we are now owners of a lone Texas A & M Quail. Post to follow.
- I ticked a goal off my list- well part of a goal- I learned how to butcher a deer leg. Post to follow.
- We celebrated Tooty’s 6th birthday- pictures in this post.
- We had a great Thanksgiving with family- I cooked the whole meal- and learned to not get distracted. We will just say that I forgot to turn the oven on for the corn and green beans- and the corn took forever- I made way too much! My bad! We are so thankful to having our own house now- and had a lot to be thankful for this year!
- I finally went to the cardiologist- which involved a lot more appointments- this is an ongoing issue I have had since I have been a baby- and I haven’t gone in 3 years so I bit the bullet and went. I have had my echo done- and am wearing a monitor- I get to take it off on the 30th- Thank the Lord! I go back December 12th to see about it all- I also had bloodwork done- and am waiting to get back with my Primary to see about my elevated T4- thyroid issues. So needless to say- Momma is taking care of herself- I can’t take care of the homestead if I am not 100%. I am feeling much better since he gave me the prescription I started taking 3 years ago- and let it run out and didn’t do anything about it- yes I know- poo poo on me. He doesn’t think I need it- and it may be psychological- but I do- I have been more productive and happy since I have been taking it.
- Christmas is coming- and I am so excited! I have my own house- so I can decorate it.
- The Grease Monkey got a promotion at work- woot woot!
- I got a new car- now I don’t feel like I am driving in the death trap- a big stressor on me. And yes- it is brand new- and we have payments. I wasn’t too keen on payments- but to not have to worry about having a reliable car- or breaking down with my kiddos- it’s a plus. We have a plan to pay off the car early- and thankful for father-in-law, who co-signed- we have no interest- so it’s just the car we are paying for!
I will leave you with some birthday pictures of Tooty.