So on this post here, I listed my goals for 2017. We will probably be adding more as the year goes on- but here is January’s check- in since the last day was this week! Did you set goals? How are you doing? See the updates in red!
- Personal- Quit Smoking. It will save money and my health. This year I am dead serious on quitting smoking. I am also trying to make the switch from caffeine or other drinks to strictly water. That is a slow progression as I tend to get migraines when I lose the caffeine. (I have not been so good with the caffeine front- but I am trying hard! As far as smoking- I cut back some- but then stress hit and I was back to regular again! Not a fail- just need more progress!)
- Quail-Finish the quail coop. We did get started with the coop- but it needs to be finished. We are also looking at buying some more babies. I would like to raise and sell eggs/babies. (We have finished the coop- see post here. I am looking at getting some chicks to add to our flock!)
- Chickens- Build a bigger chicken coop- and get some more chickens. I have 2 separate breeds, and have not decided whether I want roosters or not.
- Gardening- Start an herb garden. Plant some fruit trees. Start some seeds and a small garden to manage so we can save more money.
- Small Home Organization and Projects- Organize the shed. Clean out the rest of our stuff from my in-laws. Declutter a lot of stuff. We have a few renovation projects to complete, which we already have the supplies for.
- Save More Money!
- Food Preservation- I got a gift card for Christmas- so I bought a dehydrator. We will start with that. I am also stocking up on canning supplies so I can start with some water bath canning. I have a flat top stove- so we have to look and see if our model will allow us to can, otherwise I will find something else to do.
- Cook From Scratch- Right now I am working on getting rid of some premade things in the pantry, but we will start slow with that and making our own bread.
- Rain Barrel- Get the rain barrel set up. This does involve buying some gutter guards- but we have material to build a stand for it to sit on.