So on this post here, I listed my goals for 2017. We will probably be adding more as the year goes on- but here is April’s check- in since today is May 1st! Did you set goals? How are you doing? See the updates in red! Check out my progress- January Check-In February Check-In March Check-In
- Personal- Quit Smoking. It will save money and my health. This year I am dead serious on quitting smoking. I am also trying to make the switch from caffeine or other drinks to strictly water. That is a slow progression as I tend to get migraines when I lose the caffeine. (I have been drinking less caffeine because it is hot outside and I get dehydrated quickly. Although thanks to the hubby for reminding me to drink! I have gotten on a shorter cigarette instead of the long ones. This week I am knocking one off of my morning routing and morning break at work. Little progress y’all!!)
- Quail-Finish the quail coop. We did get started with the coop- but it needs to be finished. We are also looking at buying some more babies. I would like to raise and sell eggs/babies. (Having trouble finding some more of the Texas A and M, but I am determined. We did get her to start laying again! We are going to have to move the coop, and do some work with that!)
- Chickens- Build a bigger chicken coop- and get some more chickens. I have 2 separate breeds, and have not decided whether I want roosters or not. (The babies are doing well, and we are trying to get them integrated into the big coop as I will have 20 more babies come the week of May 8, post update coming this week.)
- Gardening- Start an herb garden. Plant some fruit trees. Start some seeds and a small garden to manage so we can save more money. (We have some major work done in the garden, and I am going to look at some more trees, and possibly replacing my rose bushes. I am slowly learning as I go.)
- Small Home Organization and Projects- Organize the shed. Clean out the rest of our stuff from my in-laws. Declutter a lot of stuff. We have a few renovation projects to complete, which we already have the supplies for.
- Save More Money!
- Food Preservation- I got a gift card for Christmas- so I bought a dehydrator. We will start with that. I am also stocking up on canning supplies so I can start with some water bath canning. I have a flat top stove- so we have to look and see if our model will allow us to can, otherwise I will find something else to do.
- Cook From Scratch- Right now I am working on getting rid of some premade things in the pantry, but we will start slow with that and making our own bread. (I got rid of frozen fries, and am working on more things slowly. I think my goal will be one thing a month- so now I have to figure out what I am going to work on for May.)
- Rain Barrel- Get the rain barrel set up. This does involve buying some gutter guards- but we have material to build a stand for it to sit on.