I know my grammar Nazi friends and myself included hate that title- but like my hashtag states- Sorry, Not Sorry! I am so excited y’all! I got nominated for the Blogger Recognition award! Makes me feel so loved, and to know that my blog actually has readers!
I was nominated by Our Oily Homestead. This is an awesome blog, who right now has a Fun Fact Friday column all about chickens! And we all know I love my chicks! This one will get big y’all!
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I APPRECIATE IT! YOU ARE AWESOME!
So to start it off- I started my blog less than a year ago to share my Homestead journey. We are a hot mess y’all, hence the name. It started more as a personal journal to keep track of all we had going on- and has leaned into leading my way into my urban mini-farm. I love DIY and being frugal, and we are trying to lead more into self-sufficiency and green and healthy living ways! I forget everything- being a busy mom- so this was a glld place for me to keep track- and apparently people like reading it! Who knew? I am just glad I don’t scare anyone away! #reallifetruths If y’all have been following me awhile- or if you are new- just know I don’t sugar coat- and homesteading can be glorious and beautiful- but it has trials and triumphs. That is what I post!
I am fairly new myself- so the best advice I can give is-
- I work a normal 8 to 5 like most of us do- so my first tip is to pre-write and schedule your blog posts. I take an hour or so on Sunday morning or Saturday evening and write a few posts for the week- and schedule them out. It has helped with time management and the stress! All of the biggest bloggers even do this- some people have months planned out- me I fly by the seat of my pants- so it is weekly planned!
- Have fun with it and be honest! I write like I would be having a conversation with you, like we were sitting on the porch just talking. Some may not like that, but I find it the best way to read. I want to see the good, the bad, and the ugly. Everyone has trials and tribulations but above all remain positive! We have too much negativity in this world! Be you!
My nominations (These are some people I have followed for awhile- and think if we were friends- we could sit and talk for hours- or work alongside each other great!)-
New Garden Homestead I love following this blog- some great recipes- and garden updates! Easy to read and honest!
Sprout & Sprig They are updating an old farm (How amazing is that opportunity) and have 40 acres! So jealous! But a great blog to follow!
Llewellyn Homestead Let me tell you- this year- 3 bags of trash! Crafts, gardens, BEES (I eventually want to step into this avenue), and going green! An all around great blog!
For those nominated, here are the rules for this award. Keep the love going!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select (up to 15) other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
Thank you to all my loyal readers- all my blogger friends, I feel like I know you! Keep on reading and keep on blogging!