The girls are getting so big- and I so enjoy going out and talking to them! They both have such different personalities and are certainly growing into some good looking girls! They are not teenagers anymore! Not sure but we may almost be ready for eggs! They have already molted- and I felt so bad! It looked like something had gotten them- until they came down from the coop- and I saw the loose fluffy butt feathers. They enjoyed what was left of a veggie plate from Tooty’s birthday- and enjoyed smashed pumpkin parts from Halloween!
I have been a bad blog writer! I have not posted in a month. So sorry followers- life got a little busy- and I have not been the best in writing- so be prepared for some posts in the next week or two to update you as to what has been going on at the homestead. You did read the title right? I am a hot mess- so that is why the posts have not been flowing. I haven’t forgotten about you- I just had so much going on- I didn’t get on the computer to write.
Wow- no posts in over a month- so sorry loyal readers!
But here’s what’s been happening on the homestead-
- We celebrated Halloween with the kiddos- involving a Fall Festival- a Halloween party at a friends- and trick or treating on Halloween.
- We accumulated another animal- we are now owners of a lone Texas A & M Quail. Post to follow.
- I ticked a goal off my list- well part of a goal- I learned how to butcher a deer leg. Post to follow.
- We celebrated Tooty’s 6th birthday- pictures in this post.
- We had a great Thanksgiving with family- I cooked the whole meal- and learned to not get distracted. We will just say that I forgot to turn the oven on for the corn and green beans- and the corn took forever- I made way too much! My bad! We are so thankful to having our own house now- and had a lot to be thankful for this year!
- I finally went to the cardiologist- which involved a lot more appointments- this is an ongoing issue I have had since I have been a baby- and I haven’t gone in 3 years so I bit the bullet and went. I have had my echo done- and am wearing a monitor- I get to take it off on the 30th- Thank the Lord! I go back December 12th to see about it all- I also had bloodwork done- and am waiting to get back with my Primary to see about my elevated T4- thyroid issues. So needless to say- Momma is taking care of herself- I can’t take care of the homestead if I am not 100%. I am feeling much better since he gave me the prescription I started taking 3 years ago- and let it run out and didn’t do anything about it- yes I know- poo poo on me. He doesn’t think I need it- and it may be psychological- but I do- I have been more productive and happy since I have been taking it.
- Christmas is coming- and I am so excited! I have my own house- so I can decorate it.
- The Grease Monkey got a promotion at work- woot woot!
- I got a new car- now I don’t feel like I am driving in the death trap- a big stressor on me. And yes- it is brand new- and we have payments. I wasn’t too keen on payments- but to not have to worry about having a reliable car- or breaking down with my kiddos- it’s a plus. We have a plan to pay off the car early- and thankful for father-in-law, who co-signed- we have no interest- so it’s just the car we are paying for!
I will leave you with some birthday pictures of Tooty.
See Shrek enjoying the sun from Tooty’s bedroom window!
Gigantic Garden spider- her egg sacs look like pears. She can certainly stay in my carport!
Fall fun at Fall Frenzy!
First ride on a ride- and Tooty did not like it at all!
Some fall decoration- I will guss it up more later!
My birthday gift to myself- we got 3 new girls!
Fall just happens to be my favorite time of the year- I just love fall. Tooty decided to start decoration for Halloween- and we have so much more to decorate! With fall comes pretty flowers-
Mums that the elementary school sells for music every year- so now that we have the house I can’t wait to find a space to plant them to keep them coming back every year! They are so big and are beautiful!
The lonely Geranium I saved before the dog got it- and have been trying to nurse back to health- it will be planted some time soon…
Front door décor- I painted and sealed the monogram- and that stays up year round!
Part of the front porch- we do happen to love the birdies- and love leaving food out for them- I do have a little more work to do- but here is the start of the front porch decorations.. I am so happy I just had to share. So watch the progress- and look out for some more updates,
Do you have any Fall friendly plants, share some pictures in the comments? What is your favorite part of Fall?