So on this post here, I listed my goals for 2017. We will probably be adding more as the year goes on- but here is August’s check-in, and I am a little late with it! Did you set goals? How are you doing? See the updates in red! Check out my progress- January Check-In February Check-In March Check-In April Check-In May Check-In June Check-In July Check-In
- Personal- Quit Smoking. It will save money and my health. This year I am dead serious on quitting smoking. I am also trying to make the switch from caffeine or other drinks to strictly water. That is a slow progression as I tend to get migraines when I lose the caffeine. (No progress here- this month I am getting rid of the caffeine- I am determined. I feel bloated and here comes the switch to better eating and more water. Something switched this month and just hit right on the head to make some changes!)
- Quail-Finish the quail coop. We did get started with the coop- but it needs to be finished. We are also looking at buying some more babies. I would like to raise and sell eggs/babies.
- Chickens- Build a bigger chicken coop- and get some more chickens. I have 2 separate breeds, and have not decided whether I want roosters or not. (Complete- although expansions and some thought on this coming soon. )
- Gardening- Start an herb garden. Plant some fruit trees. Start some seeds and a small garden to manage so we can save more money. (Okra and peppers are still growing. We are working on planning next years garden and how to prepare for it over the winter. I am going to start being more diligent with the compost.)
- Small Home Organization and Projects- Organize the shed. Clean out the rest of our stuff from my in-laws. Declutter a lot of stuff. We have a few renovation projects to complete, which we already have the supplies for. (We have almost the whole shed organized. I am working on decluttering the girls rooms this week- and will be decluttering some holiday décor as we go as well.)
- Save More Money!
- Food Preservation- I got a gift card for Christmas- so I bought a dehydrator. We will start with that. I am also stocking up on canning supplies so I can start with some water bath canning. I have a flat top stove- so we have to look and see if our model will allow us to can, otherwise I will find something else to do. (I have banana peppers in the freezer, and I am about to freeze some squash as well. I also have some figs in the freezer to make jam when it starts to cool off soon.)
- Cook From Scratch- Right now I am working on getting rid of some premade things in the pantry, but we will start slow with that and making our own bread. (We are slowly getting rid of the premade stuff- this month hopefully should finish it off. I am working on meal planning, and we are hoping to clean the freezer next month. On a side note- we are done buying cleaning supplies and toiletries. Hubby and I started using all natural soap- he uses a goat milk soap- and I use soap from Posh. Once the cleaning supplies and toiletries are gone- we are all natural.)
- Rain Barrel- Get the rain barrel set up. This does involve buying some gutter guards- but we have material to build a stand for it to sit on. (This will be a winter project.)
How are you doing on your goals?